Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Sign in not sign up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Analytics Sign in keeps taking me to my private account and won't let me sign in only sign up. I don't want to sign up for a new account I want to sign in to the one I already have. Any suggestions?

My assumption is that one account is being held in cache memory and the system isn't smart enough to allow for me not wanting to use that one. Of course it could be user error, possibly I need to learn how to not just to "close g-mail" but really close Google out of Safari and allow myself to log back in correctly? If I can get a fresh start, I should be able to get into my analytics account. The challenge after that might be getting back to gmail, but that's another story.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sign in not sign up

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ian :-)
To sign out of Gmail. at the upper right, if you click on your avatar it should offer you a signout button
You should be able to log out of your google account the same way from google.com too

Clearing browser cache anc cookies should also have the same affect and log you out as far as i know
On a desktop, clearing browser cache and cookies
Safari 8.0+ (Mac) - Clearing Cache and Cookies

Instructions here for Safari on iPhone or iPad
http://www.howtogeek.com/205653/how-to-clear-history-cache-and-cookies-in-safari-on-iphone-or-ipad/

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Sign in not sign up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bronwyn,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I only just received a notification e-mail though, hence my very long delay in thanking you.

In the meantime, I installed Chrome purely to handle one Gmail account and kept the other account on Safari. That seems to work reasonably well.