Analytics
6.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Shared Dashboards | Link to report or URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm having different views and with a shared dashboard object across these views.

In every single data view the link/url of the dashboard widgets link to the original data view (the data view where I originally set up this dashboard).

Is there any solution to update these links in the dashboard widgets respectively to the corresponding data views?

Best regards,

Melina

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Shared Dashboards | Link to report or URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Are you saying that you have shared your dashboard from View 1 to View 2 and if you click the widget header it takes you to report that is in View 1? So clicking the dashboard link changes your view?

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Antti,
that's exactly what I meant.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Strange...

I could not replicate that with my own accounts... Let me test some more.

In the meanwhile please make the standard procedures that are always recommended:
Clear cookies
Clear cache
Try with different browser
etc.

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author MelinaMelina
March 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Melina,

this happens if you copy and past the an "original url" into the widget (e.g. https://www.google.com/analytics/web...). If you want updated links in the dashboard widgets respectively to the corresponding data views, you have to click into the box "link to report or url" and start typing in the name of thte report you need and select the relevant report by clicking on one of the suggested report names.

Bye. Nils.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nils,

thanks!

Best regards

Melina