Analytics
4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Setting up account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are setting up our google analytic info and are running into a problem with our websites content management system. Every time I take the code google provides and paste it into the website using the cms the system wipes it out and won't save. It think the original designer was trying to make the website somewhat idiot proof and didn't want people to mess with the actual html code-rather they could just change text through the cms. Is there another way to start using analytics or do you need to be able to get into the code for the page you are tracking. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Setting up account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
What platform (CMS) is your site using?
You need to be able to add the tracking to the site pages, however if you can let us know what platform is being used, someone here may be able to help you with how to do that

Thanks
Bronwyn
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The CMS is Process Wire, our domain was purchased through GoDaddy, and then
our site lives on Media Temple. It's a bit confusing.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
You may also want to ask on the Processwire support forums too, as they will be able to give you help/info specific
to the product
https://processwire.com/talk/
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here