Analytics
2.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Setting up Analytics and Search Console for all versions of website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I am looking to confirm the process for setting up analytics and search console for all versions of the site.

For example: 

1) Will 1 analytics code track both versions?
or
2) Do I need to create 2 separate properties in the analytics account and link these to properties within search console?

If the answer is 2 then, does this mean that the two analytics properties have separate analytics data, or does it collaborate into one?

Re: Setting up Analytics and Search Console for all versions of website

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Frazer

1 Analytics code will track both versions. 

So you don't need 2 seperate properties. You might want to create 3 different views on the property. One for domain.com, one for m.domain.com and one that includes both. That makes it easier to analyze aspectss of each version if neccesary.

Regards
Jonas

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Frazer M,

@Jonas Ø is right. If you use the same GA tracking snippet, you can track both domains under same property but it is not possible to link multiple search console accounts with a single property. This means that if you want to have data from multiple Search Console accounts in a single Google Analytics property, you cannot do this.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One of the suggested tasks in the email received from search console when you create a new property in it, is to create properties for every version of the site.  

How should I be handling this if I only have 1 analytics property for the site?