AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Set up account on wrong email address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I set up an analytics account under a personal email address because it was already logged in and not a business address. How do i change this?

Also, do I need to have a gmail account, will my @domain not suffice? I tried to add my account which was the domainname email address and it wouldnt allow me?

Thanks in advance

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Bronwyn V (Top Contributor)
February

Re: Set up account on wrong email address

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Pat,

You're completely right - personal email addresses like Gmail shouldn't be used in corporate accounts.

So, do a rochade, log into your Google analytics account with your Gmail address, go to admin > account-level user management and add a permission for your business address with 'manage users' and 'edit' rights. Then, log in with your business address and remove the Gmail user.

Christoph

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Bronwyn V (Top Contributor)
February

Re: Set up account on wrong email address

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Pat,

You're completely right - personal email addresses like Gmail shouldn't be used in corporate accounts.

So, do a rochade, log into your Google analytics account with your Gmail address, go to admin > account-level user management and add a permission for your business address with 'manage users' and 'edit' rights. Then, log in with your business address and remove the Gmail user.

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I entered the wrong email address when setting up my account. 

The correct email is www,theperfectplacemassage.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so very, very much!  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the answer (I've done the same thing!) but I cannot find 'admin' in my new Google analytics account.  Where have they hidden it??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok so I find the admin but cannot see  account-level user management.  Why do they make it so difficult do do anything??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great help. All fixed now. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi,

My email was set up correctly but now google keep adding a dot to the email account and I can not access this account... What do I do to change it?

thank you 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello friend,

The admin panel is on the right bottom of the menu bar.

you can access it form there, also if someone has shared the page with you need to check the properties they have shared with you. As only the "admin" (owner) of the page can access the all the properties and can give you rights to make changes to the reports in analytic.

Hope you find the information helpful.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Pat, 

I am also using the gmail for accessing the Analytic, Adwords or any other Google tool.

I find this more secure than the company email account, as I will have access to this all the time, but for company account I might need a GSuite or some email client.

If you need to share the reports with someone, all you need is to download the particular report and send that as an attachment to the someone. Simple as 1,2,3...

Hope you find this helpful.