Analytics
5.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Security Problem. Please try reloading the page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am getting an error when I try to sign in to Google Analytics. I have signed out of my Google account and signed back in, cleared my cache, rebooted, and tried to sign in from Chrome's "incognito" mode. Everything I have tried results in the same errors, which says:

Security Problem. Please try reloading the page.

We cannot verify your account credentials. Please verify your account information, then sign in again.

I have also reloaded the page a dozen or more times with no success.

What do I try next?

Re: Security Problem. Please try reloading the page.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
George,

This is really odd. I've experienced this only when the IP address from which I'm accessing Google services has been temporarily blacklisted for too many authentication attempts or (once!) was blocked due to an SEO tool that was doing a crawl and ended up hitting the Google SERP's inadvertently.

Have you tried an incognito attempt from a different IP address?

-Caleb

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have not, but I have been able to access the site through an app.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
George - that's probably a confirmation of the IP-level issue. Your mobile device (unless you're on the same wifi network) would be using a different IP address.

-Caleb

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, Caleb.

So, now I've disconnected my desktop from the ethernet cable and established a wireless connection using the same network I was able to connect with on my app. That did not work in either my normal browser (Chrome) or in incognito mode.

Any other thoughts?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I'm running out of ideas on this one... what about logging into other Google account services? Same error?

-Caleb

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You and me both. Smiley Happy

Nope, Google+, email, calendar all work fine.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Do you use multi-account login for Google Accounts? If so, actively sign out of all accounts. Also, try disabling all extensions in Chrome.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So, that didn't work for me in Chrome...

But I can now access GA in Internet Explorer. (?!) Not my first choice -- I'm not even sure why I tried it, as I never use IE -- but at least I have access.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Google hates Chrome... which is weird!

I've experienced this before but it's been quite a while and I can't recall the presumed cause. It did eventually resolve and I think it had something to do with session authentication and Chrome having stuff cached. There have also been IP blocking issues, but since IE is working for you in this case you can rule that out.

Have you tried going to chrome://net-internals/#dns and forced clearing the DNS cache?

-Caleb