Analytics
2.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Search Console Won't Allow me to Adjust

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I sign into GA, go to ADMIN, then Property Settings, then Adjust Search Console, there is no way to adjust. It just says none. The property has been verified and the GA tracking number is there.

Any suggestions?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Sounds like you do not have the correct permissions.

You need to have administration access to the property in search console and at the very least, edit access at the property level in GA

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the response. I do have full access, which is what is puzzling me. The site is verified, it is one of two properties which I have access to both. Do you have any other thoughts?

Re: Search Console Won't Allow me to Adjust

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Are you able to possibly provide the url of teh site so i can just quickly check something via browser? 

You are verified as a site owner in Search Console and to clarify, there is no Edit link to click, next to where it says None in GA?

searchconsole-edit.jpg

Also sorry if i seem like a pita, however if you could please take a screen shot of the User Management section for the Property (blank out the email addresses in it..but just put a mark next to which one is yours after its blanked out), that would be appreciated.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sure: http://www.heliosed.com/

Your screen shot is correct, only I don't have the EDIT button. See attached.

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 4.17.31 PM.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Also, please note the property I am trying to edit is http://heliosed.com. The www.heliosed.com is left over from a previous person but we get analytics on it.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Thanks
Not having an edit button in GA indicates you possibly do not have the correct GA permissions.
If you are able to take a screen shot of the Property's User Management settings.. scrub out any email addresses but simply mark which one is yours so i can see the relevant permissions, that would be awesome.. 
Similar to this shot from one of my properties

property-permissions.jpg

The website does an automatic redirect from non-www to www.heliosed.com when i visit the site.
Is the www and non-www both claimed and verified in Search Console?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! I just figured it out. The originator only had Admin rights, but that does not show up for me as I have all the other rights. I was able to log in as them and add the properties, verify them, and now I can edit the new property.

Thank you for all your help and I hope I didn't cause you to waste time.

Cheers!