Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Search Console Question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK, so I just started using Google Analytics and saw where I had to 'turn on' search console in order to get data on Organic traffic.

I turned it on but nothing has reported. Did I do something wrong or just this just take time for Google to collect and report? Any insight is appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Search Console Question

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Christopher :-)
Have you setup and verified website ownership in Google Search Console in order to link it to Google Analytics?
This data is tracked by Google Search Console and then imported from there into Google Analytics.
Usually once the site is setup in Search Console then it does take a while for your site to be indexed and start collecting data
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Bronwyn,
I have setup and verified ownership. I see Search Console data appearing (although limited as our site is new) appearing in Webmaster tools. It has been close to a week now, is this long enough for the information to appear in Google Analytics? Thanks for your help!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Sometimes for new setups it can take a while
And you did correctly link analytics to google search console via the analytics property settings page and the option at the bottom of it?
and what Views you want to import the data?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, so I hit 'Save' under Property Settings. I did just now click on Adjust Search Console and it gave me the option of linking the website so I believe they may have been what was missing. Very complicated, or maybe I am not that smart. Stay tuned. Thanks again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Eureka!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It is now showing in Google Analytics with that simple adjustment. Thanks again for the help!!!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
You are welcome Christopher :-)