Analytics
4.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Scared Scared Google Firebase:I am scared

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

With the advent of Google Firebase Analytics is it marking the end of Google Analytics?I am a blind lover of GA.

Please give all your insight.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Scared Scared Google Firebase:I am scared

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I dont know much about firebase, you may find the following article a helpful read
From what i understand, it is only for mobile apps
https://searchenginewatch.com/2016/05/19/google-launches-firebase-analytics-for-mobile-apps/

Thanks
Bronwyn
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks .It is indeed for mobile apps.But as you know Google Analytics also used to give mobile app analytics solution. They are now recommending Firebase!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Yes, GA did offer an app solution via the sdks, however I've always gotten the impression (and this is entirely my personal pov) the mobile app ability was kind of added as an afterthought because it was expected (or needed) by users. Initially it was for tracking web site visitors via desktop and not to do with apps.

Also, from reading the article - "The analytics platform is free and unlike Google Analytics, it is designed specifically for mobile apps."
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

There is one question.In case of firebase analytics how can we track the screen views in apps?It is used to appear in Google analytics.Is there anything by which we can track app screen views in firebase?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Here is my take after doing a bit of research on this topic.

To become more re-active at apps, Google needed to step-up their game. Essentially what this meant, was that you had a lot of functionality in GA, but you would still have to integrate other services on-top of GA to target users based on custom dimensions. To handle an ecosystem of tight integration, it was necessary to evolve Firebase and a sub-service like Firebase Analytics.

Going forward, if you are an app-first company, Firebase will be the go-to place. Web will still be build on Google Analytics 360 (via GTM). You can however do both GA and FA via GTM Smiley Happy

Ps: Firebase Analytics is an event-based data model, so at this point it seems that there is no screen tracking.
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2587087?hl=en&ref_topic=2587085
Customisation will have to be done via user properties (referred to as a simpler custom dimension) or in GA (in parallel). Hope this helps!

I will be posting some content on my twitter account in the next couple of days. Follow me there to get updates Smiley Happy https://twitter.com/dirkjobosman