Analytics
4.6K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Retrieve email address for Google Analytics Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our old website has a different UA than one in my Google Analytics account, I need to identify which Google Analytics account related to the UA number?

Please advise

Regards

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Retrieve email address for Google Analytics Account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)

Please refer to the following post/article on the Adwords community. It outlines the required process for reclaiming an analytics account
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/How-to-gain-access-to-your-Analytics-acco...

Thanks
Bronwyn
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, The links to the form only take you to the Google Adwords information pages - how to I download the form that needs to be completed? or to I create the analytics.txt file? -- Kind Regards ALJ Electronics Customer Service Abdul Latif Jameel Electronics, PO Box 7997, Jeddah 21472, Saudi Arabia - Tel: 800244 0043

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Khalidiyah S :-)
After you click that form link, there should be Contact options at the top right of the page

adwords-contact01.jpg

You then need to select the Email option and when it asks about issue.select Google Analytics and Analytics admin has left

adwords-contact02.jpg

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, Thanks for the response, the alternative is to migrate the google analytic account to our new analytics account which is linked to this Gmail account? How do we do that? Regards -- Kind Regards ALJ Electronics Customer Service Abdul Latif Jameel Electronics, PO Box 7997, Jeddah 21472, Saudi Arabia - Tel: 800244 0043

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
You cant unless you have access to the old analytics account or have contact with the Admin of the old account.
You would need to add your current google account email address as an admin to the old analytics account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Unfortunately, we do not know what that is - so will have to wait for response from Google relating to my original request, I have completed the steps you have advised i.e. - 'Admin has left' Alternatively - can I add another Google Analytics Code to our website ?, if so please send detail how to implement? -- Kind Regards ALJ Electronics Customer Service Abdul Latif Jameel Electronics, PO Box 7997, Jeddah 21472, Saudi Arabia - Tel: 800244 0043

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
You can add another tracking code.
It wont show any historical data, it will only track going forward from the time it is installed.

Are you wanting to track to both tracking id's or just the new one?

Is the other tracking id the current analytics.js or the older ga.js tracking code?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, I want to keep both, the old tracking ID is // www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js' format. What is the code we have to apply to track the site on 2 Google Analytic Accounts> -- Kind Regards ALJ Electronics Customer Service Abdul Latif Jameel Electronics, PO Box 7997, Jeddah 21472, Saudi Arabia - Tel: 800244 0043

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

You'll need to adjust the tracking code to take both trackers into account

<!-- Google Analytics -->
<script>
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-XXXXX-Y', 'auto');
ga('create', 'UA-XXXXX-Z', 'auto', 'clientTracker');
ga('send', 'pageview');
ga('clientTracker.send', 'pageview');
</script>
<!-- End Google Analytics -->