Analytics
5.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Restoring deleted account and data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi , I recently accidentally deleted my analytics account, but just managed to restore it 5 minutes ago (trash can FTW).  Now the numbers are showing correctly on the home tab (Sessions / Avg Session Duration / bounce Rate / Conversion Rate).  But when I go into the reporting tab, the daily records and graphs aren't showing.  Do they restore too, and how long before they do?  *fingers crossed*

Thanks!

Nicole

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author nicole
August 2016

Re: Restoring deleted account and data

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @nicole,

The Google Analytics Trash Can is a great thing, no doubt. So happy to hear it saved you.The items should return to normal in a few hours, but it could take up to 24 hours. 

Just to help you further learn about the Trash Can, I am providing some helpful info, too.

About the Trash Can

The Trash Can is a temporary holding area for accounts, properties, and views before they are deleted. Account, properties, and views are moved to the Trash Can and held for 35 days before they are permanently deleted.

The Trash Can shows a list of all the entities that are marked for deletion, the user who marked them for deletion, and the date they will be permanently deleted. You restore an entity by selecting it and moving it out of the Trash Can. You need Edit permission on the account to access the Trash Can.

After 35 days in the Trash Can, an entity is permanently deleted. 

What gets restored

Restoring an account or property automatically restores its component properties and/or views, with the exception of any properties and/or views that were individually moved to the Trash Can. For example, Account A contains Property P1 and Views V1 and V2:

• Example 1: V2 is moved to the Trash Can. Later, Account A is moved to the Trash Can. Restoring Account A will automatically restore P1 and V1, but not V2. V2 remains in the Trash Can.
  • Example 2: Account A is moved to the Trash Can. Restoring Account A will automatically restore P1, V1, and V2.
  • Example 3: V2 is moved to the Trash Can. Later, Account A is moved to the Trash Can. Restoring V1 will automatically restore P1 and A, but not V2. V2 remains in the Trash Can.

When you restore an account, property or view from the Trash Can, all settings and configurations (goals, filters, user permissions, links to other Google products, etc) are preserved. Data is not processed while entities (accounts, properties, views) are in the Trash Can. Data processing resumes for core reports within an hour of being restored from the Trash Can. Realtime processing resumes within seconds.

Hope this takes care of your needs. Please let us know if we can help with anything. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Restoring deleted account and data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @James_Clemens

I was hoping that this would be the case. I just panicked a bit, so decide to search for some reassurance and confirmation Smiley Happy  Shall check back later today or tomorrow and hope to see everything is back in order.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Nicole

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello James,

I've accidently deleted my ID swell but can't seem to restore it. I Have one account but to domains linked to that account.

How do I restore?

kind regards

Stefaan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, any way to restore the property and data after 35days?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi,

No, there is not, sorry.

Kind Regards,

James