Analytics
4.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Reporting on Affinity Audiences?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Howdy!

How accurate is the demographics and interest data within the "Audience" section of GA?

Based on these reports, can you definitively are visitor audience consists of X?

How would it compare with something like quantcast?  Where does the data in GA actually come from?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Reporting on Affinity Audiences?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mike P,

I would say it is highly accurate and you can trust them as being solid. I say this after starting in website development around 1997 and digital marketing around 2000. I could not effectively do either without the greatness of Google Analytics. You might enjoy this third-party article discussing Analytics a bit more.  

Further, at last calculation, Google Analytics was on well over 14 million websites, with Quantcast or any other data collection system anywhere close to Analytics. Google is the leading search engine, leading online advertising system and leading data analytics service on this planet. 

Kind Regards,

James