Analytics
5.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Removed myself as admin but now owner doesn't have sufficient permission to add me again.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I setup a Google Analytic property for a site owner as part as of my job designing a website. Afterwards I gave the person admin right and removed myself.

Recently the client wanted re-add me as a user to that same property but gets the following message that says "You do not have sufficient permissions to modify the users on this account". It only gives the option to remove themselves from the account. See attached screenshot.

My question is, how can the owner regain ownership and admin rights to their property?

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 2.55.29 PM.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Removed myself as admin but now owner doesn't have sufficient permission to add me again.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-) 
there needs to be an admin with all permissions at the Account level at all times.
Are they able to access User Management at the Property level instead of the Account level?

eta if the client does not have admin permissions at the account level, then it leaves them unable to use certain features such as creating and editing filters to apply to Views being one of them.

They may need to create an Adwords account (its free to do so) so as to access the Adwords support options and then try an account recovery.

There is a comprehensive post by Niall in the following thread on how to go about doing this (its the one marked as best answer)
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here