Analytics
2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Remove Search Console Owner Verified by Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Trying to remove a verified owner, verified by Google Analytics, in Search Console.

I removed the Edit permissions for the email address within Google Analytics.

Went into Search Console > Manage Property Owners > click Unverify

I then get the message that the owner cannot be removed because Google Analytics access still exists, even though it does not.

Anyone know how to successfully unverify a Google Analytics verified owner?
1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kristin C
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
1) Is there more than one tracking code present on the website that they may also have access to?

2) Did you log out clear all browser cookies and cache and then try to unverify them in search console?

I removed the Edit permissions for the email address within Google Analytics.

Maybe i am misunderstanding something, however if they are no longer meant to have read/analyze access (which is the minimum level of access one can have), then would it not make sense to remove the person's email from that GA account altogether at the GA Account level

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes! That was it. There was some very old account that they still had access to. Many, many, many thanks!!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Happy to hear you were able to get it sorted out :-))))))

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here