Analytics
2.6K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Remove GA code and mantain account history.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

Can you enlighten me if i remove GA code from a website will I still have acess the control panel and check out the reports?

I'll only need them for historic purposes.

Many thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remove GA code and mantain account history.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Bruno,

You won't loose the historical data or access to the reports, you'll just won't have any new data flowing in.
You can remove the GA code from the website without any impact on the data already recorded.
Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I have a similar question: I need to get the tracking code installed across all our web pages (some have it, some don not). If I ask the webmaster to simply add the GA tracking code to all pages and in the cases where it already exists: remove the current code: will that impact my account data?

I understand that I will see new data for the pages which do not have the tracking kode today, but will Analytics be able to keep updating the current data if I update the tracking kode?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

As long as you are sending the data to the same property Analytics will continue collecting the data as before.
If you're updating the code from classic to Universal Analytics make sure to update the code for events, virtual pageviews... as well. Make sure that you have only one instance of the tracking code on each page. Let me know if you have more questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Excellent, thanks for the reply Arnold.

I think the UA code should be used everywhere, so I don't expect a problem there, but I guess we have to tweak the code for subdirectories.

BR
Harald

Remove GA code and mantain account history.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need the GA code to be removed from my page.