Analytics
1.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Recovering a GA admin account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI

I am trying to recover a GA admin account which used to belong to someone in my organisation who has long left. We have read only access to the property so can see the stats but cannot grant new members of staff access as we don't have admin rights on our master account. This account contains a number of years’ worth of data and I am concerned that if they person who set it up - and we don't know who that is, we only recently discovered there even was a property! - decides to remove it we will lose many years of valuable data. I guess I need to contact Google but can't find how!

Thanks for your help

Recovering a GA admin account

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jenna,

In your scenario either try to reclaim your GA account by following all the steps mentioned in below article.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/How-to-gain-access-to-your-Analytics-acco...

Or create a new GA account and update the code on the website so you can have all level of access. You can check historical data in existing GA account, data will be there even after removing existing code with new generated code.

Hope this helps.

Thanks