Analytics
4.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Reclaiming ownership of google analytics account when admin left company

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I try to follow the following:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/How-to-gain-access-to-your-...

but when I click in customer form I get redirected somewhere else.

Does anyone know how to do this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you have an adwords account. log in and use the email option to contact support.
If you don't have an adwords account, you will need to create one or you wont be able to access the support links/options.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You can use Analytics or Google Tag Manager to verify your ownership of a site onGoogle Search Console. Set up the web tracking code on your web pages. Go to Webmaster Central and click Add a site. Enter the URL of your site. Two tabs are provided: Recommended method and Alternate methods.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

can you redirect me a little bit better? 

I went to my analytics and was not able to "Add an existing site" just a "new one".

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Tonatiuh M

the post you have referenced is a couple of years old now.

You need to create an adwords account if you don't already have one and log into it and use the adword support options that are available once you log into adwords, in order to try and recover access to an existing analytics account

the instructions given by @Surjeet T do not apply for gaining access to an existing google analytics account that is already tracking a website

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here