Analytics
5.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Question about content grouping

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have some pages that use the URL to separate search terms like tags. So my URL is /searchtool/tag/redthings

But I want all traffic to /searchtool and and tags to be counted as the same page in analytics.

Is content grouping the right way to do this?

I added a rule that says
page - exactly matches- /searchtool OR

page - starts with - /searchtool/tags

Will this combine the pages into one like I think it will? I just want all the views from any tagged pages to be included when I look at views for /searchtool

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sam K
August

O O
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
O O
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sam,

The use of a contentgroup can be helpful, but there may be a better way. If you are not going to use the pages with the tags you can filter them out in your admin section. You can select a search and replace filter and use regex to change all the tags to /searchtool. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sam K
August

O O
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
O O
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sam,

The use of a contentgroup can be helpful, but there may be a better way. If you are not going to use the pages with the tags you can filter them out in your admin section. You can select a search and replace filter and use regex to change all the tags to /searchtool.