Analytics
5.6K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Question about Google Analytics and Owner vs. Agency Access

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

As a Manager of Many Companies, I am working on helping the clients of the Agencies I Represent the opportunity for 2 -Factor Authentication ..

Currently Google My Business Allows a Manager to not have to login to the Master Account unless to Allow Other Managers.

My Question comes from working within Google Analytics along with Search Console ..

Both Have Manager Access but must be done from the Owner, again having the same issue, we would need to login in as the client and defeating the ease of assisting clients.

Another thing is within Google Analytics even with Manager Role many of the areas are blocked out such as Filters ..

Most of the clients would not know how to set permissions, and makes it difficult to Implement 2 Factor to their accounts..  

Is there a best practice for agencies,

that manage clients and security to their accounts since many of them also use Gmail and other Google Products within the same login.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Question about Google Analytics and Owner vs. Agency Access

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
We use gmail to log in to a master GA account that has client accounts in it yes.
Each client has a varied level of access to their GA account depending on the deal we are in with them.
Clients often use the same gmail to get into their GA as they use for other Google tools - i don't see that as an issue though - 'one login, all of google' is one of the selling points.

I may be missing the point of your question?

-------------------------
If I answered your question please 'mark as accepted answer' and 'star' so that we know you have what you need
If my answer was helpful/useful but you still need more info please just 'star'
- if I have not answered your question fully then please let me know by reply and I or others will respond