Analytics
2.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Queries not showing up anymore since 4th of November 2015

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There is a discrepancy between Google Analytics and Google Search Console.

In most of my websites (this issue affects 6 of my websites so far, I haven't checked the others yet), Google Analytics (under "Acquisition>Queries" shows zero impressions and zero clicks since the 4th of November. The last day showing data is 3rd of October.

Google Search Console (under "Search Traffic>Search Analytics") is working properly in most of the cases, showing impressions and clicks for 4th, 5th, and 6th of November, but for some of the websites it does not show any data after 3rd of November - in these cases I simply can't select a date after the 3rd.

I didn't link/unlink GA/GSC for the above sites at least for the last few weeks (if not years for a couple of the websites).

What's happening? Am I the only one experiencing this issue?

Should I try to unlink and relink again? Doing so, would I lose data?

Thanks

Re: Queries not showing up anymore since 4th of November 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We see the same problem for website. Did you get to find the reason yet? The only diference I could think is that we ran SEO PowerSuite WebSite Auditor.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am also not seeing impression data in GA since 4th November. It dropped to 0 and has been 0 for a few days.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Have to be honest here i don't have an awful lot of faith in the Search Console reports.
I would trust your GA account (as long as the setup/data is right) and if you want rankings data then use a ranking tool.
There is blog post after blog post about data issues in SC.
You are not the only one - here is one I just searched for: http://www.localseoguide.com/should-you-trust-googles-search-analytics-report/

[If you liked my answer please 'mark as best answer' and/or 'star' it - if I have not answered your question fully then please let me know.]
Twitter <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per our Community Guidelines, in order to remove a self-promotional signature. Thank you for your understanding.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply but it does not help - we are talking about a different issue.
My issue is in Google Analytics, not in Google Search Console.
One of my websites has an average of 80.000 impressions per day (and it's been for months around that figure).
GA shows zero impressions since the 4th of November, while Google Search Console shows the usual number of impressions.
The issue is in Google Analytics or perhaps in the linking between the two, but as I said I didn't change anything in the linking and the issue seems to affect all of my websites I checked so far, so it's likely to be on Google side rather than because of something I did.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Aha I had it the wrong way around!
Ok so the data is still in SC and is not pulling through to GA properly?
You are talking about the SC data being shown in GA is zero as opposed to talking about other GA data like organic traffic or ppc traffic etc.
if you are saying that SC data not coming through properly then yeah I guess you can just check your setup linking and that's it otherwise wait and see if it fixes itself I guess.

Good Luck sorry could not help you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David, thanks anyway.

Is there anybody from Google able/willing to provide clarifications on this issue??? It's affecting my clients' websites too. What a poor customer service.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Radha, I haven't found the reason yet, and my clients' websites are affected too. I didn't change anything in the links between GSC and GA, and I find it amazing that Google just does not care to send even a simple notification!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Web M, did you find a reason or a fix?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No... sorry. I'll let you know if I do. I don't understand the reason.