Analytics
4.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Queries Not Showing Up Anymore

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In analytics, under 'reporting'--> 'acquisition' --> Search Engine Optimization --> Queries, I used to be able to see hundreds of keywords along with my rankings. Now there are maybe four (which is highly irregular). Thinking maybe that last month was a fluke, I changed the dates to reflect September's keywords and my rankings (which I had previously recorded) and the same thing happened. It didn't show hardly anything, and what it did show seemed to be from searches done locally (is there a setting for tracking local vs worldwide traffic?)

I run an SEO report using google analytics every month and it has always been fine, but now I am at a complete loss. 

Can anyone help? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Queries Not Showing Up Anymore

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Chelsea, how are things?

Those keywords are simply gone or do you see a lot more of "(not provided)" then the usual?

Google is blocking a lot of organic keywords from Google Analytics, and people usually rely on the Google Search Console (former Webmaster Tools) to compensate that.

If you have Search Console activated for your website, you can compare somethings and see if the behavior is the same. In case you don't have, I strongly advise to begin right away:
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Leandro, thanks for replying!

The keywords are gone. I do see a few blocked keywords, but not enough to compensate for what is missing. I do have search console activated and there seems to be continuity between the two as far as I can tell.

Is there a filter for looking at local rankings vs worldwide rankings?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
under that section those are the imports from search console so i'd check the linking for those.
not provided affects the Acg-Channel-Organic report, although clicking the little blue link to see landing page can give you an idea of keywords if you have well segmented keyword to page groups in your seo plan.
for real rankings though nothing beats reality very few seo tools give reliable seo rankings these days - we use many but the best is brightedge especially there data cube queriable index of google - are you in US/UK/AUS? i could run you a quick report of every keyword you rank for in that country?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Chelsea. I've had the exact same problem - I set up Webmaster tools some time ago so we could see queries that appear under 'not provided' but now there is a whole load of data which is sitting under this new term of 'not set'. From what I have read on the forums elsewhere, this is a change that Google has made in the last couple of months. It also appears to have affected the average search results position that is shown - our site was averaging 10-12 and last week, based on the queries that can be seen, we're at 98!

I keep coming back onto the forums in the hope that some has found a work around - no luck so far though.

Good luck with your own search and please post if you find a solution!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭