Analytics
3.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Property not showing up in "webmaster" dashboard, despite being owner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey all,

Quick question. We recently added a new property to Webmaster that reflects the fact that we have changed from http to https. That all went smoothly. However, I wanted to link the new property to our Analytics account. Our web developers added me as an "owner" of the new property in webmaster. However, the new property simply won't show up in the Webmaster "home" screen where properties are managed from. Our developers have tried removing me and then re-adding me as an owner. I've tried clearing my cache. However, the property stubbornly refused to show up.

Oddly enough, I can see the new property under webmaster tool that shows where all my "verified" properties are. I'm even getting messages about the new property in my webmaster messages folder, when other owners make changes. But there's no way to ACCESS the property itself, and view the data associated with it.

Does anybody know what's up? 

Re: Property not showing up in "webmaster" dashboard, despit

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi John,

I am not sure what is going on. Why don't you try link the property from the other direction:

The common way:
Linking Analytics to Webmaster Tools :: From within Analytics go to Admin > Property > (Adwords Linking) All Products > (Search Console) Adjust Link

Alternative way:
Linking Webmaster Tools to Analytics :: From within Search Console go to Property > (Settings cog in top right) Google Analytics Property > Click Property and Save

Re: Property not showing up in "webmaster" dashboard, despite being owner

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello John,

I've just had the same issue. The solution is to click Add A Property in the Webmaster Tools Search Console page. Even though someone else assigned you as an owner, you still have to add the property and type in the URL. Hope this will help!

Agata

Re: Property not showing up in "webmaster" dashboard, despite being owner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Agata A wrote:

Hello John,

I've just had the same issue. The solution is to click Add A Property in the Webmaster Tools Search Console page. Even though someone else assigned you as an owner, you still have to add the property and type in the URL. Hope this will help!

Agata

thanks, that worked for meSmiley Happy