Analytics
3.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Problems with my wordpress site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a wordpress site. I defined GA on it (adding the tracking code as described in the help pages) but it doesn't seem to work. For example, when I go to the real time area, and I enter my site (from a different device) I don't see it in the real time area. Also, I entered my site several times from Israel, but the users' countries in the reports don't contain Israel. Maybe a good hint for the problem is that when I go to my site, and go to the view page source, I don't see the tracking code at all. I suspect there is a problem with the wordpress definition or something but I don't know how to figure it out.

Thanks,

Oded

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

Is it a self hosted copy of wordpress or a wordpress site on wordpress.com?
Wordpress.com doesnt support GA unless you are using one of their paid options. In which case, best you contact the wordpress.com support.

If you are hosting wordpress on your own hosting, then easiest way to add the tracking code is by using one of the free plugins for adding the tracking. Most of them have their own support and instructions for how to install and configure them.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thanks for your detailed and fast help.

This is a self hosted wordpress using Hostgator for web hosting. I tried contacting Hostgator but they couldn't help me. I tried the free plugin for GA (and followed the instructions for installing and configuring it) but still the same behaviour. It doesn't work as expected.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

Can you post a link to your site so we can check? Thanks.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

sure,

the site is in Hebrew, hope that's not a problem...

here is a post from my site:

http://meshivon.com/2016/02/27/כמה-כסף-מרוויחים-הספורטאים-הגדולים-לי/

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi,

The code seems to be working now, but the plugin you used is an outdated one and it has added an old version of the tracking code.

You should be getting data anyway, but i'd recommend you to use a plugin that that will add the Universal Analytics tracking code.

If you have just set up your GA property it may take a few hours for the data to appear in the reports, in some cases it can take up to 24 hours. Also make sure that you are looking at a view without filters, incorrectly configured filters can block all of the data. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot.

I'll check it out.