Analytics
3.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Problems with getting analytics on new website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have Google analytics for one website, but I need to add a second one. Some time ago I thought I added the new website to my Google analytics. I received a UA code that allowed me to sign into analytics on the website builder site and I can access the numbers on that site. But  I do not see any analytics for the new website on my Google analytics and I need the more detailed analytics. 

Why am I not able to see the new website on my Google Analytics? It has been at least a month. 

I'm mid way through starting the process over - I went back into Google analytics and added the new website again (I must have missed something the first time) and got a new code. I haven't added the code to the new website yet. Is that the best thing to do at this point or should I try to figure out why my old code is not working? 

Also, I'm pretty sure the analytics will capture all use of the new website since its launch in June and not just start with the day on which I sign up for analytics, but would appreciate having that confirmed. 

Thanks.for any advice.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Problems with getting analytics on new website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Paula :-)
When you mention that you were able to sign into analytics on the website builder site.. what website builder site are you referring to?
One provided by the company that hosts your website?
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here