Analytics
5.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Problems logging in as new administrator

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! I've tried searching the forums for an answer to my question, but haven't come across anything yet.

Disclaimer: I've never used Google Analytics before, but my new workplace does. A few weeks ago I managed to sign in with my Gmail account and play around with the features, but I then discovered that my workplace already had an account under a different administrator. The old administrator has apparently allocated me admin powers, but now when I try to sign in, I get an error message saying: 'You need a Google for Work account for gmail.com to login.' Yet I had logged in previously with the same account with no issues. I feel like I'm missing a simple solution, but being clueless, I can't seem to figure it out!

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Problems logging in as new administrator

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Jenny,

From what I know, Analytics requires users to have a Google Account to sign in. Accessing it with a non Google email address was possible in the past, but now you need to have a Gmail account (or use Google apps for work).
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009631?hl=en

You could create a new Gmail address and ask admin permissions for it.

Hope this helps,
Catalina.

Re: Problems logging in as new administrator

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Catalina,

Thanks for your reply! I've been trying to use my Gmail address this whole time, so I'd be quite sad if I had to make a whole new one for the sake of accessing one little feature. I appreciate you taking the time to tell me this, though.

EDIT: I've just tried logging in at home - on my Mac, not my work PC - and got into analytics straight away! That seems bizarre, but at least I can actually see what's going on now...

Now I just have to figure out how to access it at work! Thanks again, Catalina.