AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Possible to set up weekly reports as email attachments?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to set up weekly reports as email attachments? I don't see an option in the UI and I just get a link. How can I get reports sent to me as a csv on weekly basis? The report is <20 MB but can be made smaller if need be

Re: Possible to set up weekly reports as email attachments?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hello Maximus,

I hope this is what you are searching for:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404176?hl=en

You'll just click on Download report button, open Email and schedule report, set email + frequency and that should be it.

Alex

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I did this, but it only send me the link to loging and download the report. I'm looking to get the report emailed as an attachment. This used to be possible but I can't find a way to do it now

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Exactly! I am also searching for this. I want my report delivered as a csv attachment in email. Absolutely pointless having to log in. This is really frustrating, when it should be basic functionality.

For others searching for an answer here - people have suggested using Analytics, which will let you schedule reports and have them emailed as attachments. This might help you, but it's not helping me currently as the metric I am after 'Cost' is incorrect in Analytics (doesn't match AdWords).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am also just getting links, not attachments, and I can't find any information about when adwords sends reports as attachments vs links. The help center articles all see to say it will send attachments but that just isn't true. Can someone from adwords please answer this question?

B D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
B D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Maximus,

A fairly simple work a round this problem is using Google Scripts (You can see this on MCC level - Bulk Operations - Scripts). Here you can create a script that runs daily for the time period you want, the columns you want and even at which time you exactly want it to run and send it to you by email in a .CSV. Also you can receive all reports from all your accounts in just one file! I'm not a programmer myself, but with a little help it's fairly easy to set up.

Goodluck and if you need any additional help just let me know!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for replying but this is not a good solution as I am trying to find a way for lots of people to automatically email reports to one place, and the report definitions vary. It needs to work off the adwords report builder.

Does anyone from Google ever read their own product forums? It is totally ridiculous that "emailed reports" just emails you a link to...your own adwords account.