Analytics
2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Personal GMail associated with Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My personal Gmail is associated with the Google Analytics dashboard. I need to give access to a web developer but do not want to give my personal login information.

I set up a user in Analytics and assigned a new Gmail account to it, but when I log in with that one there is no information?

Help anyone?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Marygrace S :-)
At no time should you give another person your login information.

The developer needs to have his/her own google account..most ppl do have their own google accounts these days as most ppl use gmail or another google related service. A google account does not need to be using a gmail account for login.

Ask the developer what their google account emall address is.

What sort of access do they need to have to the analytics account?
I doubt for instance they need Manage User permissions

There are different user permissions that can be assigned depending on what the person needs to be able to do

and they can be given at the Account, Property or View level
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2884495?hl=en

I would not for instance give permissions at the Account level to a web developer. 
Nor would I allow them Manage User permissions

You will need to decide what permissions to give them and at what level it should be given

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Go to GA - > View where you created dashboard -> Admin -> Users. Can you see newly created user there? I know it's basic, but it's quite easy to add user to a wrong view.

Seb

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh got it. So I get their email and give them access edit/collaborate/read&analyze.