AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Organizational Setting regarding Activity Controls

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I hope that I have come to the correct place for help but the more I read the more confused I get. I have looked everywhere and read everything I can find toward attempting to resolve this issue my self. I recently set up Google for Business using a domain I purchased from google. Along the way, I guess a default setting for google is to turn off a setting regarding Web & App Activity searches being able to move faster and enabling customized experiences for Search, Maps, Now, and other Google products. I easily found that area where you should be able to simply turn the option back to the "On" position. It states that "Your searches and browsing activity (paused)" and has a slider where you should be able to return it to the on position. Then there is a check box with this statement beside it..."Include history from Chrome and other apps in your Web & App Activity". When I attempt to slide it over it only temporarily allows it while an alternative message comes up saying that my information will be saved etc. asking for me to click on "agree" or "understand" before anyone can click the checkbox it returns the slider back to the off position. Then there is a statement at the bottom of the box saying "Based on your organization's current settings, this feature is disabled. If your administrator changes this in the future, your choice here will be honored."

I have proceeded to every single area in the administrators area regarding security or privacy and just about anything else as well just looking for an option to allow me to make this change. The only possible outcome returns me straight back to this same area as if this actually IS the administrator area to allow that to occur. I am not being lazy and looking to have someone else do my work for me, I truly cannot over come this challenge. Your help will be greatly appreciated. If I am to be posting this question somewhere else, please accept me apology and kindly let me know where I should be asking questions like this. 

Thanks,

Shane G.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Organizational Setting regarding Activity Controls

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your question.

It sounds like your administrator has not given you enough privileges or the particular feature has been disabled for everyone in your organization. We can dig more into this matter if the issue is still unresolved.

Best,

Shannon

J S
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
J S
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, the same exact issue is happening for me as well. Can you help?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am the administrator on our accounts and have not made such a change or selection to the settings.  I am looking for information from Google to address the same issue.

Please post to this forum.  Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shane, Go in the admin console under 'Manage this Domain', and then do a search for 'Web & App Activity'. You should see it pop up under 'Additional Google Services'. Once it comes up, switch it to 'On for everyone'. That should do the trick! 

Best, 

Syed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have done this, waited over a day, and I still see "Based on your organization, this setting is disabled." It does not say "If your administrator changes this in the future, your choice here will be honored" and the box is grayed out. I am the administrator so that's not the problem. What would be keeping me from using my history for maps, etc.? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the exact same issue my google home do not give me the traffic to my work because of that I don’t know how to fix that . I need some help right here ! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the exact same issue.  I have been searching for months for the solution, and whenever the question is asked, the same response is given --- go to admin.google.com, "Web & App Activity", and Turn on for Everyone.  

Yes, Web & App Activity is Turned on for Everyone.  IT DOES NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM.  

Listen, G-Suite folks, THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT ISSUE.  I need to be able to monitor Web & App Activity for my students, who are spread across different schools.  

Please go to https://myaccount.google.com/activitycontrols in G-Suite for Education account ---  See where it says "Include Chrome browsing history and activity from websites and apps that use Google services"?

This option is grayed out.  It says below this " Based on your organization, this setting is disabled."    

But I am the Administrator, and I have enabled everything.  PLEASE HELP.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

This is the Analytics Solutions Community.. for help with Google Analytics and it's associated products (data studio, optimize)

For help with G-Suite issues, the best place for help would be the G-Suite Help Forum

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/apps

or possibly contacting G-Suite support via Phone, Chat or Email

(links available to do so on this page)
https://gsuite.google.com/support/

Thanks
Bronwyn

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here