Analytics
6.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Order Coupons Reporting in GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have noticed that our reporting for order coupon in GA is only giving us "not set" data. A quick check on the settings shows that the Enhanced Ecommerce is being activated, without funnels though. We want to have a reporting of the coupons which are used.

The same issue arises with the affiliate Report. I am unsure how to fix it. 

What are typical reasons for this? Do we have to configurate something else in our back end for the numbers to show up, maybe do something within the Google Tag Manager?

I over took the job very recently so would be very grateful for any help on this Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Order Coupons Reporting in GA

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Pauline,

Enabling Enhanced Ecommerce will not automatically collect all the transaction details from the site, you need to specify the values in the dataLayer. The data layer is a javascript object on the order confirmation page that holds the information you want to pass to Google Tag Manager. You need to add the coupon code value to your data layer to get it sent to Google Analytics using GTM. You need to do the same to pass the affiliation. Please check in the Enhanced Ecommerce GTM guide here:
https://developers.google.com/tag-manager/enhanced-ecommerce#purchases

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Order Coupons Reporting in GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am having this same issue. When I check my order success page though I am seeing "discountCode":"example" within the data layer. Do I need to specify that this is the variable somewhere for analytics to pull "example" into the coupon data as opposed to (not set)?