Analytics
5.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Old deleted Property is redlined out and won't go away.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,  I have an old Property (previously deleted) that is red-lined out and won't go away.  It keeps popping up as my default and I must change it via the pick list every time I enter GA.  I don't wish to wait the 35 days for it to get purged by Google. How can I delete it permanently?   Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Old deleted Property is redlined out and won't go away.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mark,

I'd love to help, but I'm not familiar with the issue you're experiencing. I'm sure with a few additional details, I'll be able to help.

Where are you seeing this old Property red-lined out? When I'm logged into GA I can only see deleted (but not yet purged) properties in the following spots:
- In Admin under Account > Trash Can
or
- In Admin when I click the Property drop-down

Thanks,
JD

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I'm seeing both the new (with the tracking ID suffixed with a -2 and the old which is red-lined out and the tracking ID is suffixed with a -1

When I log into GA it always defaults to the old one which is red-lined out which generated a "invalid schema" error. After I select the new property then the error goes away. This issue started immediately after I deleted the 1st property and then created a new one.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
more on this... yes, I'm viewing this issue in Admin when I click the Property drop-down..

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
more on this...technically I'm seeing what MS Word calls a "strikethrough" (rather than red-lined)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Admin then Property drop down list. It displays the good property, and it displays the OLD property that I previously deleted but that OLD property has a strike through line through it. And worse... when I go into GA it defaults to loading the OLD property which causes the scheme error. Thanks Mark