Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Old URLS tracking in GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hope someone can help.

I have inherited two Wordpress sites from someone who perhaps wasn't particularly up to speed with GA / websites. One was www.psiseating.co.uk and the other www.pulse-design.co.uk. The Pulse Design site is now a WIX site and PSI is still Wordpress. The Pulse Design used to be a Wordpress site and for some reason had some of the same pages exactly the same as the PSI one. For example:

www.psiseating.co.uk/products/task-operator-chairs/

www.pulse-design.co.uk/products/task-operator-chairs/

The Pulse Design URL above redirects to the products page on the new WIX Pulse Design site but is still showing in site content and goal data, along with many other pages. Again why these pages were duplicated on the Pulse Design site when it was a Wordpress site is beyond me.

Is it a case of removing the GA code from my WIX site and starting again with a new code generated by GA? I can't access the old Wordpress pages I don't think! Maybe this should be posted on a Wordpress forum too!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Old URLS tracking in GA

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

You are tracking both sites using the same property so you are getting data from both in your reports.

You can separate the data using include only traffic to hostname view filters.

If you don't want data from the PSI site, just apply an include only filter for www.pulse-design.co.uk and you won't receive data from the other site.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033162?hl=en#PredefinedFilters

Let me know if this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Old URLS tracking in GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks. I think the below will do the trick? I wonder though, if it's the Pulse Design pages, I'll have to get access to the old WordPress site and delete those pages somehow?

GA SNIP.JPG

Old URLS tracking in GA

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

Yes, that filter should do the trick. Make sure you apply it to a test view first before applying it to your main view. It's a best practice to always test the filters first. Also keep an unfiltered view.

To delete pages from the old WP site, yes, you'll have to get access.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital