Analytics
2.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Obtain access to site analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I run a small nonprofit and we need to compete our site analytics. The individual who set it up is traveling and out of contact. How can I obtain access? Thank you

Re: Obtain access to site analytics

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Steve,

There really isn't any other way if you don't have the login details. The account will be liked to that individual's Google Account which may be a work account, it may be a personal account so you really just need to wait until they're in contact again.

A good step to make in future, when they're back, is to have your own email addresses added into the user list on Analytics so you don't have to use a single login or have someone else share reports for you.

Ali

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ali, thank you for your note.

Just in case they did include my email. Where do I go to sign on analytics?
I see where to sign up but not where to sign in.

We need to compete a report today for www.millionmilemonth.org

Thank you,

Steve

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Steve,

You'd simply go to www.google.com/analytics, select Google Analytics from the dropdown on the top right and it'll ask for your Google Account login which doesn't have to be a Gmail.com address - it can be anything.

If your logins don't work and/or you don't have a Google Account associated with your work email, you can use this link to create one then you can be added to any Google product as a user.

Ali

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Ali,

When I clicked on the link and the sign in, a pull down list came up. When
I clicked on Analytics the following came up to sign up as a new account.

I could set up a new account for www.millionmilemonth.org, but I am not
sure I can properly apply the tracking code to all the pages.

Any other ways for me to get on? This is very frustrating as we actually
have someone donating their time to complete the reports, which will allow
us to go after funding.

Also, is there a nonprofit package we should apply for?

Thank you - steve

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Steve,

You were asked to create a new account, but did you sign into a Google Account before that?

Basically there's a hierarchy with Google Products. In order to create a Google Product Account (Analytics, AdWords, Tag Manager) you need an individual Google Sign In Account (like your personal account). I sent the link to that page earlier. Once you have that, you can create a Google Analytics account or be added to an existing one.

Your contact, the one who set up your Analytics, didn't give you any login details or add you to the account.

Now the awkward questions - are they just traveling, or do you not know if they're coming back?

If they're not coming back, you should create a new one as soon as you can. If they're coming back, you need to insist that you and a few others get added to the account so not one person holds the keys.

Ali

p.s. when you reply via email the post doesn't include any images you've attached

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Also, regarding Google for nonprofits, you can check out this page for what's available for charities and NFPs

https://www.google.com/nonprofits/

Ali

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ali, thank you for your help on this.

I do have a Google account, we use Google Drive for our nonprofit, as well
as our emails and shared calendars.

I assume since I am logged on to my Google account, and do not see the
Analytics logo among my options, that I'm not signed up.

We really do not know what is going on with the person holding the key to
the Million Mile Month site analytics. They've not be responding and I'm
concerned they may be gone or ill.

This is very timely as we are working on funding requests and showing the
growth in the Million Mile Month web site use is very important.

We have a person ready to go, who I'll not have available otherwise.

So i'm seeing what every options are available. I've even reached out to
our developers.

Ali, if there is any way i can obtain access it will be extremely mission
critical at this time.

Thank you

Steve

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Steve,

If the Google Analytics account was created in their name then there is no way of accessing it. It's the equivalent of asking to access someone else's email address.

I strongly recommend creating a new account and replacing the snippet with your own tracking. This will mean losing the data from the old account, but if you don't hear from the person who set it up you'll never be able to access it and the longer you wait for them to surface the more days of data you'll miss out on.

Really very sorry you had that experience with someone who perhaps described themselves as an Analytics Professional. That's not the way I like to see data being managed.

Ali

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Ali

Steve A