Analytics
3.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Not sure if google analytic is working right on my site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I blog using weebly.  From what I understand, it gets its stats from ip addresses and google analytics (GA) from cookies. I'm not really a computer person, so correct me if I'm wrong. So, I embedded the code for GA in my header like I am supposed to.  But the weekly numbers are hugely disparate.  300 as opposed to 3,000 views.  Weebly does tell you what articles are hit, so I know GAs numbers are low.  I am also running another google analytics in the footer from a company that requires me to place their own GA in my website, but I can't see it's stats, only they can. Weebly thinks this may be a problem without a solution. Should they both be in the header?  Can I not run two GAs? Could there be something about the way cookies are interacting with my site that GA can't see the hits?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Not sure if google analytic is working right on my site

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Re: Not sure if google analytic is working right on my site

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Jamie D, just FYI, your link is broken as there is a missing "s".

I took a look at your site, and you have several tracking implementations. As you mentioned, it looks like there's your tracker in the header (Universal Analytics), and then there's Weebly's (Classic GA). These should not interfere with each other as they are different technologies (and as long as they aren't pointing to the same property). You also have a GTM container which may also be tracking.

GA Tag Assistant (a free plugin) may be able to help you iron out some of your issues. On pageload, I see 4 pageview hits, too, all going to different properties, two of which could be accounted for as mentioned above, but the other hits you'll need to investigate. I suggest you install GA Debugger (also a free plugin for Chrome) so that you can analyse the hits being sent, and also which properties they are going to.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn