Analytics
5.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Not sure Google Support is receiving my email reply

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am in the process of regaining access to a Google Analytics account and have gotten to the point where I have added analytics.txt to my domain for verification of ownership. But when I try to reply to the last support email to inform support that it is ready for verification from that end, I can't seem to reply to their email. I receive the response below when I use reply. Can someone confirm whether my email has been received or steps to correct this issue so i can properly reply and continue with support? Thank you!

"We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (adwords-support) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group. A few more details on why you weren't able to post:

* You might have spelled or formatted the group name incorrectly.
 * The owner of the group may have removed this group.
 * You may need to join the group before receiving permission to post.
 * This group may not be open to posting."

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Joel :-)
Sorry you are experiencing problems.

I am trying to escalate this issue

Thanks
Bronwyn

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Bronwyn V (Top Contributor)
July

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, Bronwyn.

I received a follow-up phone call from support earlier today and they were able to resolve my issue. I had not yet returned to mark this thread solved.

Perhaps this topic might help any others having trouble replying to support emails.

Thank you, again, for your willingness to help.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Thanks for posting back with the update @Joel G

Cheers

Bronwyn

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I also had this issue. Then I received a call and they must have "reopened" the ticket because the email address works again. However, they only reply once a day, keep asking me for the same information over and over again, and refuse to finish the request after 10 days. I think they basically log in at 5 pm EST every day, send one email response, and then leave it alone until the next day when they ask me for information again. It's a total cluster. Don't even bother calling or using the chat to try to figure it out live because they will say your "representative" is required to handle the request and promise they will get back to you. (They won't.) They can't transfer you or help in any way. But they completely understand your concern and will make sure someone gets back to me very soon. (Eye roll.) 

Oh, also, they'll move the goal posts every time they contact you. First the .txt file isn't enough so you need to edit the meta data. Then you need to verify your AdWords account, even though it's not even connected with the GA account and was never part of the request. 

So yeah, good luck.