Analytics
1.6K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

No "+ Add Referral Exclusion" Button

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am attempting to add websites to the referral exclusion list in order to obtain more useful data about my website, but there is no button to do so. There is a message on the page that states the feature is only available to universal analytics, but it seems that all Google Analytics accounts are now universal, so I'm not sure what the issue is. 

The tracking code is not inserted into the site yet, so that may be the issue. But I'd like to fix this problem before asking the engineering team to add the code otherwise it is useless. I have another website for which I am able to add referral exclusions to the list without any tracking code inserted into the web pages. 

Thanks for any help!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael P
June 2016

Re: No "+ Add Referral Exclusion" Button

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Michael,

Missing the "+Add Referral Exclusion" button means that you do not have the user permissions required to make the change. You will need to speak to an Admin on the account and have them increase your permissions to Edit at the Account level.

Cheers,
JD