Analytics
3.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

No data previous to Analytics download appearing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I downloaded Google Analytics last week on my Wordpress site through a plug-in. I followed very carefully the instructions and it took about 24 hours to launch, which I've been told is normal.

However, today, I have access to data since the Analytics launch but the data previously to the Analytics download shows me 0 for all data. Is it normal that Analytics only shows data since the date it has been downloaded/linked to your website? Shouldn't it still show me past datas? Or did I make a mistake whilst linking the plug-in? 

Please note that my Wordpress website was active for couple of years before the Analytics plug-in and the Wordpress analytics shows active data for the whole period since the website's launching.

I really need to resolve this issue straight away and I hope someone can help me out!

Thank you,

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ene G
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google Analytics does not work retroactively.

You only get data from the moment you install the Wordpress plug-in and data flows into your GA property.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I see, it's a shame that I can't see the evolution. 

Thank you for your quick answer! 

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

GA will show data only from the date it was added to the site.

For general analytics you can see alexa.com

Please like and accept if it helped.