Analytics
2.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

No data previous to Analytics download appearing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I downloaded Google Analytics last week on my Wordpress site through a plug-in. I followed very carefully the instructions and it took about 24 hours to launch, which I've been told is normal.

However, today, I have access to data since the Analytics launch but the data previously to the Analytics download shows me 0 for all data. Is it normal that Analytics only shows data since the date it has been downloaded/linked to your website? Shouldn't it still show me past datas? Or did I make a mistake whilst linking the plug-in? 

Please note that my Wordpress website was active for couple of years before the Analytics plug-in and the Wordpress analytics shows active data for the whole period since the website's launching.

I really need to resolve this issue straight away and I hope someone can help me out!

Thank you,

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ene G
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google Analytics does not work retroactively.

You only get data from the moment you install the Wordpress plug-in and data flows into your GA property.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ene G
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google Analytics does not work retroactively.

You only get data from the moment you install the Wordpress plug-in and data flows into your GA property.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I see, it's a shame that I can't see the evolution. 

Thank you for your quick answer! 

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

GA will show data only from the date it was added to the site.

For general analytics you can see alexa.com

Please like and accept if it helped.