Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

No data on new website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We had analytics installed on a client's website and everything reported fine. We redesigned their site recently and placed the code on the site. Since the new site went live, there has been no data recorded in Analytics. I've checked the account number and confirmed in Google Tag Assistant that the code is there. Can't figure out what is going wrong here. Can anyone help?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Megan M
February 2017

No data on new website

Top Contributor
# 15
Top Contributor

@Megan M nps :-)

Give it say 24hrs..and then go into the All Website Data and Production View.. and look at the Audience Overview in both to ensure they are tracking data again as expected.
Make sure to change the date range at the upper right of the interface to also include the current days date in the date range being looked at they default to the prior day
and if its all looks ok.. click the IGNORE option at the bottom of that diagnostic msg

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

No data on new website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Are you able to pls provide the website url
Also have any filters been applied to the reporting View?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

No data on new website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

http://pennzsuppress.com/

Good question about filters. I don't think so but will check. 

No data on new website

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Thanks @Megan M
Assuming there are no filters and you arent using some method to block your own visits from being tracked,
are you able to browse the site and see your activity (and anyone else on the site at the time) in the Real time reporting?

Is it just the site design that changed.. not the domain name too?
Also if you could possibly humor me for a moment, are you able to possibly give a screenshot of the top half

of the Property Settings page

No data on new website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Update -- the client created a number of filters the day that the traffic dropped off... 

No data on new website

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Filters can always be a traffic killer!
Best practice is to keep the initial View without any filters applied.. and to have a Test View for testing new filters etc... and then a Master View to apply filters to once they have been tested.
This helps ensure against data loss from incorrectly configured filters.

Re: No data on new website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Happy to humor you, just to be sure that the filters are the only problem. Screen shot below. I had 3 views set up in there, but he set up filters in the all website data view. Didn't even occur to me that he would do that! If there is anything else I should look at I would sure appreciate your advice. 

Screenshot 2017-02-22 14.16.15.png

No data on new website

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Thanks appreciate the screenshot :-)
Where the default URL is entered, that should be changed to the url without the www as the website

redirects to the non-www http://pennzsuppress.com/ version of the url
Also be sure any Views have the non-www version entered into the View Settings aswell.

Apart from that, it all looks ok.. you should get data showing up in reports again within 4-24hrs once the filters are removed from that View.
Was it only the All Website Data View that they were applied to? 
If so, are the other Views showing data as expected?

Re: No data on new website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bronwyn, 

All views look the same -- which is no hits at all. I made the change to non-www and will make sure that is correct throughout. However, client just emailed me a screen shot that shows that the tag may not be properly placed -- I don't think the developer used a WP plugin, which would probably help. 

pastedImage.png

No data on new website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Also, FYI, we can see that we're on the site in real time.