Analytics
1.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

No data is available from the most recent 2 calendar days.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all.

Left scratching my head on this one and can't seem to find an answer in the forum. 

My site is not reporting any data in the Search Engine Optimisation part of my analytics account. Everything else seems to work fine. The explanation I get is 

"No data is available from the most recent 2 calendar days."

However, I've never received any data in this part of analytics - it has always shown this explanation. This is frustrating as I cannot see what queries users may be using to get to my site. Has anyone got any ideas for getting past this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No data is available from the most recent 2 calendar days.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Darragh M,

Likely this is just a delay in the data being processed into your reports. SEO data tends to lag a bit.

Just to be sure that nothing else is causing this message, check that your Search Console is still linked to your GA account.

Hope this helps.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your response Nicky. However, it's been like this for about 2 months. I will check search console is linked.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Darragh M,

Just wondering if this issue was cleared or if you continue to have 0 results. I just noticed this on my GA today, it's been down since Jan 3. I did check that Search Console was still linked to the GA account, and yes, it is. No one was tinkering with settings during the new year weekend so can't figure out what else could have caused this. I figure I'd contact you to see if you knew what caused this for you.

Thanks.
David.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Nicky Y,

We have had our installation installed for months now, and whilst we did have the SEO queries working for a good while, and with worse google ranking, we are still getting the same error message as before. No Data returned for 2 days.

Some people say that if the site is not getting enough traffic this may be the cause, although I can not find out where "enough traffic" is quantified, is it 20 sessions a day, 30? 40? 140? We have adwords running and we are constantly moving up the rankings but still no Data.

I have been looking for a solution for a long time now and I am still no closer to an answer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David. Unfortunately I have not resolved this. It's a complete mystery.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm running into the same issue. Started 4 days ago, but is consistent with everyone's input here. Just wondering what changed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Darragh,

did you solve the problem?

I'm having the exact issue.

thanks,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am so over-my-head in GA that hesitate to reply but I too get this error messages in GA reporting console itself. However Google Search Console (that use to be called Webmasters Tools) has all the stuff that was under the query report I think. Is it possible that you started receiving this message because you have search console enabled? So sign into your search console and see if your data is there. Can someone advise on which is the better reporting method or if it's possible to get both GA and search console to work?

My apologies if this has nothing to do with your issue.