Analytics
3.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

No data. Migrated site and added new tracking id.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi. I moved my site from Wix.com to Wordpress. Initially I kept the same tracking id but got no data. Thinking there may be a conflict I created a new property with the same url and added the new tracking code that was generated to Wordpress; I simply updated the tracking code. I am still not getting any data. Can anybody advise what I should do please?

JP

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No data. Migrated site and added new tracking id.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @John-Paul P,

I would first install Google Tag Assistant for Google Chrome and visit your website to see what the tag is doing and what Analytics account is installed on your website... and then verify that it is the actual Google Analytics account you are viewing/checking. You can learn all of this with the free Google Chrome extension called Google Tag Assistant. This is a free tool for verifying Google tracking code and learning what they are doing when a visitor lands on a page. 

Please install and review your website and see what you discover. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: No data. Migrated site and added new tracking id.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi James, thanks for the reply. Installed Google Tag Assistant and showed it was not properly inserted into the <head> tags and other optimisation issues. Thank you for taking the time to post.

Kind regards

John-Paul