Analytics
5.6K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

No Demographics displaying in Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm not getting any demographics displaying in Google Analytics at all. I've had GA installed on my site for years, and I may at once point have had access to this info. But when I click on it now, this is the message I get: Some data in this report may have been removed when a threshold was applied. Why is this and how can I fix it?

Thanks!

Serena

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 12.15.58 PM.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I came here with the same problem! Hopefully we can get a fix. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You know what I realized?? Change the date display time! GA changed their date display to 1 week for some stupid reason. Instead, change it for 12 months or longer. I did that and it showed demographic data! Let me know if that works for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sadly, it did not work for me.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There was one other thing I did. I went into Admin (bottom left of GA), then clicked on the Property settings under the column that says PROPERTY. Then I turned on the section called "Enable Demographics and Interest Reports" under the section called Advertising Features. Try that and see if it works!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We actually handle the Analytics for a bunch of our clients. Do you know if this setting has to get adjusted under EVERY client? I'd think not

Re: No Demographics displaying in Google Analytics

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Demographics report in GA are by default turned off. After setting up the account you would have to manually turn it on by navigating to admin >> property >> property settings and scroll down and turn on the enable demographics and interests reports button. the demographic data report will be available within the next 24 hours. 

Hope this helped you. if you still have any query please ask 

kind regards

Noman 

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines.