Analytics
4.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

No Analytics data appearing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

This morning I created a google analytics and google search console account for our new website; mrprotein.com

I input the GA code in the wordpress site via the google analyics plug in (which works fine on another website i work on)

Since installing both:

- GA reports and real time reports show 0 visitors, when I am on the site (therefore it should be 1)

- Seach console displays crawl and visitor data for www.mrprotein.com (set up via creating a subdomain) whereas it doesn't show anything for mrprotein.com (set up via google analytics)

Any suggestions? I'm not techy at all, so I could be missing something very obvious Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adelle K
August 2016

Re: No Analytics data appearing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Adelle :-)

1) Please confirm your GA Property/Tracking id UA-81903646-1
2) What plugin are you using for installing GA.. there are a huge number of plugins out there to use.
2) Does it support Universal Analytics? If not i suggest finding one that does. The tracking code currently installed for UA-81903646-1 is inserting the previous version of tracking code ga.js
3) A lot of the plugins are set to exclude visits from site admin, etc when they are logged into the site..(might be why you cant see
your own visits in real time)
4) It can take real time tracking up to a couple of hours to catch up when changes are made to the site or ga configuration, and it can
take up to 48hrs for standard reports to show data - keeping that in mind, the default data range in GA also does not include the current days date unless
you change it to do so.

In search console you should have claimed and verified www and non-www
The website redirects from www to non-www.. so in Search Console setup non-www as the preferred domain.
In GA the Property website url needs to be non-www and this also applies to website url in any View setting pages.
This then gets linked to the non-www verified domain in Search Console

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adelle K
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

1) Please confirm your GA Property/Tracking id UA-81903646-1
2) What plugin are you using for installing GA.. there are a huge number of plugins out there to use.
2) Does it support Universal Analytics? If not i suggest finding one that does. The tracking code currently installed for UA-81903646-1 is inserting the previous version of tracking code ga.js
3) A lot of the plugins are set to exclude visits from site admin, etc when they are logged into the site..(might be why you cant see
your own visits in real time)
4) It can take real time tracking up to a couple of hours to catch up when changes are made to the site or ga configuration, and it can
take up to 48hrs for standard reports to show data - keeping that in mind, the default data range in GA also does not include the current days date unless
you change it to do so.

In search console you should have claimed and verified www and non-www
The website redirects from www to non-www.. so in Search Console setup non-www as the preferred domain.
In GA the Property website url needs to be non-www and this also applies to website url in any View setting pages.
This then gets linked to the non-www verified domain in Search Console

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Bronwyn,

I am using the plug-in called 'google analytics' - and everything is working fine now, it just took 24 hours to start working, so thanks so much for your thorough response, I just needed to be patient to wait for the data to show. Thanks again!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
One more question: I set up Search Console on Thursday, with both non-www and www, with non-www as the preferred domain. Checking back today, the www has been indexed but the non-www hasn't been indexed - is this a common issue? Anything I can do to solve it?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I don't know if its a common issue.. not sure how long it takes for that type of thing to sort itself out.
Best place to ask questions aobut Search Console or that are SEO related is on the Google Central Webmasters Help Forum
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters

thanks
Bronwyn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Have done - thanks for all your help Bronwyn!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
You're welcome Adelle :-)