Analytics
2.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

New User Issue With Goal Creation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm a new Google Analytics user and am having issues creating a goal that I can track. This is an issue because I've paused all my Google Adwords campaigns until I get this resolved. The phone support has not been helpful at all. They said because there is no phone number for Google Analytics that I needed to post in this forum and a representative would respond and call me. Until I get this problem resolved my business will not un-pause our campaigns. Please help if you know how to implement goals correctly (specifically tracking peoples click on a "download on the app store" button). Feel free to email me at phil@looplemobile.com if that is easier. Thank you all for your help and sorry if I accidentally placed this into the wrong section. This could all be avoided if I just had a customer support number to call for Google Analytics

Phil

Re: New User Issue With Goal Creation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Phil ,

In Google Analytics go to your Admin Tab. In the 3 column under "View" click on goals. From there click on the "Add New Goal" Button. You can use one of googles templates or create a custom one.

If you create a custom goal, you can set your event goal as a destination, and then set the URL of the destination. Googles example description "For example, use My Screen for an app and /thankyou.html instead of www.example.com/thankyou.html for a web page"

After that you can save it and verify your goal, hope this helps!