Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

New Owner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there 

A few months ago I took over a business and they have google analytics set up under their email. I would like to move the same tracking number across to my name so I don’t lose the history.

Is this possible?

Or can I put my new number in and still access the history or will that start from today?

Ange

Re: New Owner

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I believe the tracking ID is something Google automatically creates and assigns to your property. It cannot be recreated in a different property. One thing you may be able to do is add yourself as admin of the account and then remove the other admin. You can do this from the Admin page > User Management.

--

Lenin VJ Nair, Digital Analytics Enthusiast

Kindly vote my answer if you like it.

Web: ZoomOwl

Re: New Owner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Lenin

When I purchased the business and online store it has their old ID there which would have been tracking 4 years of history.  I would like to update that same ID code to my email so I can see the history, is there a way to do this?

New Owner

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Angeline, 

I don't know if this will help you out, but try this link, proving ownership: https://support.google.com/analytics/troubleshooter/7264014#ts=7271146

If it works, keep me posted.

Regards,

VJ