Analytics
5.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

New Interace for Navigation Between Sites/Properties is Slower than Old Version?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It appears that Google just rolled out a new version of the Google Analytics interface. When accessing reports, there used to be a dropdown listbox to switch quickly between sites/properties. This was a very fast interface if you have dozens of sites, particularly because it remembered the last 5 or 6 sites (so you don't have to scroll the entire list of sites to click the one you want).

With the new interface, navigation is extremely slow. There's a click to view all the sites. You have to scroll to the correct one (with the width changing as you hover the mouse over different sites!). Then when you get to the correct one, you have to move your mouse pointer to click again on the appropriate "view".

While it looks "elegant", it's quite a lot slower than the old version. It would be nice to have a setting to let users decide which interface they want to use (I'd switch back to the old one in a heartbeat, if I could).

Does anyone else have an opinion on the new interface?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New Interace for Navigation Between Sites/Properties is Slower than Old Version?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey George,

I have access to hundreds of accounts and frankly I like it better as the property in which you're working seems to be stickier and a little easier to view. That said, I do miss the "recent" views list.

The engineers won't pick up anything from this forum, but you can share your request here:

https://code.google.com/p/analytics-issues/issues/list

Best,

Theo Bennett

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Re: New Interace for Navigation Between Sites/Properties is Slower than Old Version?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I agree.
With 30 + Accounts I find the selection interface in the upper left corner is cumbersome and nauseating. I would prefer if it was static columns instead of the constantly resizing ones. Cool in concept, nauseating in real life.

The current workaround I found was to click on the Home in the Menu, and "Star" the properties I visit daily, and then only view by Starred items.

I sent feedback that there needs to be a Recently Viewed, or similar option.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm struggling with the new interface. For ex, the Accounts tab that used to be at the top is gone. I cannot (for the life of me) figure out how to get to this information so that I can delete a view, etc. Also, I need to add a new account and could use a little guidance but NONE of the GA help docs have been updated for the new interface. I'm entirely frustrated with it and I typically adapt to new interfaces pretty easily. This one just doesn't seem very intuitive.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Sherree,

All of the account/admin stuff is there; I think you may have a cache issue. Try clearing cache or use a browser that you normally do not use for GA.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've actually never used this computer to access GA before, so it shouldn't be a caching issue. At the top of my GA screen, I now have 4 little icons: Notifications, GA Apps, Menu, and a picture of myself that takes me to my overall Google account settings. None of those allow me to get in to my views. I fully admit this is likely user-error...I'm sure GA didn't just delete admin settings, but they certainly didn't make it easy to find.

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
The interface was moved to the upper left. Some users have reported
issues with IE/Edge.
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That was it. My company uses IE and that entire top left nav is missing in IE 11. Can see it perfectly in Chrome. Thank you!

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
No worries, enjoy and sorry to hear about your IE prison. Smiley Happy
Connect on LinkedIn