Analytics
1.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

New Google Analytics Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I just published a google site page.I read that Google Analytics can help track which pages on the site are viewed the most, and report on how many visitors to the site. I don't have a business name, which would be required in the first field for the Account Name so I can't continue setting it up. Can you suggest on how I can use Google Analytics?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew R
July

Re: New Google Analytics Account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

A business name is not a requirement for using Google Analytics.
You can name an analytics account anything you want, it is simply so you can easily

identify the analytics account if you have more than one.

You can also easily edit the account name at any stage should you want to call it something else.

account-name.png

Where it states Accounts are the top most level of organization, it is referring to how GA accounts are 

structured.
You can read up more on that here
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009618?hl=en

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you. Your solution worked.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You're welcome :-)

To get better aquainted with GA, i do highly recommend the free courses in analytics academy.
They will help you learn the interface, and the various reports available and how to configure it all to work properly

https://analytics.google.com/analytics/academy/

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here