Analytics
2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Need username for permanently closed business, old employee won't give login. Lost ALL account info.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was the IT Manager of a company that went out of business and is being sold off in pieces, I believe they are going bankrupt.  I have been retained as a contractor to do various IT work for them as they complete the wind down process.  I have been tasked by the former C-Level Executive team to gather Google Analytic data.  I believe this will aid them to sell off a portion of the business and pay off creditors.  I have no idea what the username or password of the Google Analytics account is, I have searched for hours trying to get a way to contact Google about this with no luck.  Does any one have any ideas?  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Need username for permanently closed business, old employee won't give login. Lost ALL account i

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Garret B

Sounds like you will need to try to recover the account, there is a comprehensive post by Niall in the following thread on how to go about doing this (its the one marked as best answer)
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Thanks
Bronwyn

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here