Analytics
2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Need to take over company Analytics account that was created by ex-employee

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Nobody remembers who set up the account, but a couple years back, someone did and they put in a tracking ID, which I have, but nobody remembers who created it, or what account it's under.  I'm a Google Apps customer, but there is no support for Analytics for Google Apps, so I was told to post here in hopes of recovering the account.

I don't know the email address it was associated with, nor the password if we were to find it, but I can prove domain ownership.

I'd rather not lose all the historical data that's built up.  I have a proper Analytics account I've assigned access to, and we're using it for other things, but someone recently brought up a particular property we wanted to have been tracking as we have a marketing project coming up.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Caleb C
April 2016

Re: Need to take over company Analytics account that was created by ex-employee

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

You can try to regain access to the account as described in the thread below. Hope it helps.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital