Analytics
5.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Need to gain access to Google Analytics account – don't know associated email address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I'm looking to gain access to my company's Google Analytics account (profile: UA-48717422-1) but management in my office is unsure which email address is associated with the account. I'm hoping to have the Analytics support staff trigger an email to the account owner, so we can figure out who is the owner. 

Thank you. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris F
October 2016

Need to gain access to Google Analytics account – don't know associated email address

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chris :-)

Sounds like someone from management will have to do an account recovery. Depending on who/how the account was created then it may or may not give Admin access at the Analytics Account level.

To recover the account, there is a comprehensive post by Niall in the following thread on how to go about doing this
(its the one marked as best answer)
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Thanks

Bronwyn

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris F
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chris :-)

Sounds like someone from management will have to do an account recovery. Depending on who/how the account was created then it may or may not give Admin access at the Analytics Account level.

To recover the account, there is a comprehensive post by Niall in the following thread on how to go about doing this
(its the one marked as best answer)
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Thanks

Bronwyn

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Try login to Google Analytics when logged into any Google services- with the alias email addresses.

If any logins do not prompt to setup a new GA account- they have access to Google Analytics. They have different access levels- so check for the one that can change all settings of Google Analytics.