Analytics
4.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Need to confirm tracking id, may have two numbers.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm new at this and need a bit of guidance. I got a UA a few months back and pretty sure I added it to our Word Press site. But when I logged into Analytics for the first time today to check figures, it prompted my to create a new account. So now I think I might have two. Is there a way to check the original UA to see if it's active?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Reflections, 

Look at your Analytics ID code UA-########-# , this should be your primary way of identifying which account you are using. 

Then go into your WordPress settings and look at what UA ID you've inserted, alternately you can use Google Tag Assistant to verify on your website which property is being used. 

To get the tag assistant go here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tag-assistant-by-google/kejbdjndbnbjgmefkgdddjlbokphdefk?h...

Best, 

Josh 

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Need to confirm tracking id, may have two numbers.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

EDIT: Great advice Josh, you're quick. Smiley Happy

Are you sure you logged into Google Analytics account with the same email that you used before?

That's an alternative way how to make sure that information is being sent to your account:

1) Go to your website (I guess, you're using Chrome browser)

2) Open Google Developer tools:

• Click on View (it's on the menu at the top of your browser window,
  • Then select Tools > Developer Tools.
  • Then click on the Network tab.
  • Now reload (refresh) your page.
  • Use "collect" as a filter, just type it in:

collect.png

• Then you should see a pageview hit with a status code 200. It shows that Google Analytics pageview is being sent to Google Analytics servers.
  • Click on it and then you'll find the UA code which is added to your site and is working properly:

UA code.png

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great Thank you

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Reflections M,

In WordPress you can just look it up in the source code: go to your website, make a right click and choose to view the source code. There you should find the right UA code via ctrl-f with search term "ua-". Then you'll just have to find out to which account the code belongs to ;-)

Cheers

Arne