Analytics
2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Need advice re: Google Accounts attn Nicky Y

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just need some advice. I have one Google account with my website etc.it is under my name and personal email. Then I got a new client and because I did not understand best way to set up, their website got added as a property on my personal Google account. The new property has it's own UA code, etc and I can see All Web Site Data for this client by clicking on it FROM my personal account. But I use Mailchimp,  will only link to my entire account. They told me better to create a separate account for them. So I added another Google Account which uses the email I use to admin the client's website etc.I want to keep all their data separate from my own personal account .this new account is still under my name but it has different email (email I use for this business client) and separate login. I need to migrate the data for Google Analytics FROM my main account TO this new account.

does this make sense? can you help? Nicky Y?

Re: Need advice re: Google Accounts attn Nicky Y

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok now I changed account name and is now in name of my client's business. But is still nested as one of my accounts so I can switch between them. Shall I set up Google Analytics new again for them on this new account? And maybe just delete the property from my personal account? Or shall I try to migrate that data to the new account I have created for them? The data is interesting to have but no great problem if wee start again new. Any ideas or advice appreciated. Because in future I might get more clients. Might as well set up correctly...

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Liz,
IMO for every client's website you should have separate account with different email id. If you can access client's GA data from your account that is good thing I mean you are able to access all the GA data(clients & your website) from one place.

For other future clients you can do the same create separate account with separate email id and also take acceess from your id so you can check all the data from one place..

***I presumed that you have created clients account with new email id (not with your personal id) and only took access on your id ***

Hope this helps.
Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok, thanks for your reply Santosh. I need some more info. I find I cannot
reply further from the community help forum page as there is no way to
reply. I have created a separate account for Redgate Wines with a separate
email ID. But now it wants me to go through the entire process again,
verify the site, get a new tracking id, etc etc.Which seems like a heap of
work! I was hoping to move all my current verified and happening info from
the redgatewines property on my own Google account. Which is tracking my
client's redgatewines website, and working. Can you help advise? If not I
can start new ticket on help forum. thanks, Liz

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Liz,
As you mentioned the your using different email id that is good. now Please do as I'm saying.

Give GA admin level acess to new email id that you have created and you will be able to check GA data from new email id as well as from your personal email id.

If issue is still there please start a new thread because you are saying that you are not able to post any reply on this thread.

Thanks